Vision, Mission and Goals
Anglican Church of the Epiphany, as part of the Diocese of Western Anglicans in the Anglican Church in North America, is an evangelistic community that is rooted in the faith as handed down to us by the saints and expressed in the Apostle’s and Nicene Creeds. We believe God grows his kingdom by calling people to reconcile themselves to him through the gospel of Jesus Christ and by the power of the Holy Spirit. We are a community whose vision is to expand the kingdom of God by accomplishing the following:
- Be Anglican in our community, abide in Christ together and mutually support and nurture one another in fellowship and prayer;
- Stand with our diocese to restore Anglican orthodoxy on the West Coast of the United States, especially among our fellow Christian brothers and sisters;
- Be faithful to the Diocese of Western Anglicans and its vision, goals and objectives;
- Worship in a manner that is doctrinally accurate and aesthetically beautiful, not glorifying ourselves as individuals but giving God all glory due to him.
Goals and Objectives
As a parish we are committed to servant hood and ministries dedicated to the following goals:
- Enhance and strengthen personal and congregational spiritual growth;
- Teach and advocate spiritual formation and evangelism;
- Plan, support and engage in local and overseas missions;
- Plant new parishes in the surrounding areas.
Enhance and Strengthen Personal and Congregational Spiritual Growth
- Personally, we will endeavor to enhance and strengthen the spiritual growth of individual parishioners through godly fellowship, sensitive pastoral care, vibrant worship, administration of the Sacraments and faithful teaching of the word of God.
- Corporately, we will be active in the life of the diocese, attending the yearly diocesan conference; announcing, supporting and encouraging attendance at all diocesan-sponsored or diocesan-backed events; and requiring that all clergy be active in the diocesan clericus.
- Personally, members will be encouraged to be confirmed at episcopal visitations and seek to cultivate an ethos where future deacons and priests are called to ordination. We will support the diocese with our financial, physical and spiritual resources.
- Corporately and personally, we will follow a comprehensive plan of Christian formation that draws its inspiration from and complements the church’s liturgical life and will develop a parish-level assessment of individual spiritual growth and formation.
Teach and Advocate Formation and Evangelism
- All members will endeavor to grow in their understanding of abiding in Christ. We will model devotion to Jesus Christ, commit to living as Jesus lived, love as Jesus loved and lead as Jesus led.
- All members will endeavor to become effective ministers of the gospel of Jesus Christ, devoting themselves to sharing Christ with others.
Plan and Engage in Local and Overseas Missions
- We will be actively engaged in local missions and outreach, supporting individual missionaries and missionary organizations through our resources and personal relationships.
Plant New Churches
- We will value continuing church planting efforts.
- As our parish grows, we will aim to plant a new parish in the surrounding area to better serve the community.
At all times, Anglican Church of the Epiphany will engage in all such good works as God has given us to do, to love and serve him as faithful witnesses of Christ the Lord. By doing so we will fulfill Christ’s charge to all believers to “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.”